Sunday, August 10, 2008

Car Boot sale

So last week I promised the girls we could do a car boot sale this weekend as long as the weather was OK. Despite a very late night the previous night I set my alarm for 0630. I looked out the window and it looked pretty bleak to me, black clouds and the ground was soaking.
I went back to bed then poked Stuart to confirm for me that the weather was too grotty to go, he said it looks like it will brighten up "I would go for it". Muttering under my breath i got up and started to load the car up. I woke the kids up and just as we were about to leave the house at 0715 it started to rain! I said no way we are going if it is raining much to Samantha's disgust and irritation - huh why was i woken at 700 on a Sunday if we aren't going blah blah

An hour later the sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky! Typical!!! so we piled into the car and arrived at 0830, very late to start selling at a car boot sale but we still had a good spot.

The kids were having a competition to see who got the most money although they had agreed to divide everything equally at the end of the day. We left at 1200 with only 1 box of stuff remaining out of the 7 big boxes we had - result!

The winners were
me - £28.65
Alex £27.50
Sam £13.50

Despite a bit of gloating by Alex they were both happy when I said they could have my money between them too, they had £34 ish each - not a bad mornings work. To top it off I got sunburned.

1 comment:

JodyTheBad said...

You weak-skinned Europeans!

Nice results on the sale, though!